* Yuppies plan to release their self-titled full-length album in July on New York-based label Dull Tools. The label is ran by members of Parquet Courts, who will return to the Omaha area Thursday, June 20th for a show at the Sweatshop Gallery, 2727 North 62nd St. Yuppies plan to support the album release with a massive fall tour kicking off in September.
* Touch People, the current project of Lincoln musician Darren Keen, is set to unveil a new album later this March. The album, Brain Massage will be released as a digital download and coupled with a t-shirt that will be sold at the album's release show Friday, March 29th at the Bourbon Theatre, 1415 O St. in Lincoln. Local experimental indie poppers Talking Mountain will also unveil their latest release, Mysterious Knowledge/Unknown Colors, at the show. Talking Mountain will also play alongside Hers and Coyote Bones Wednesday, March 27th at the Slowdown, 729 North 14th St. in Omaha.
* Coaxed, featuring the core of defunct local indie rock act Sun Settings is hitting the road with Killer Blow. The two bands will kick off the tour Friday, March 15th at the Slowdown, where Coaxed will also be releasing a new seven-song cassette. The cassette will be limited to 100 copies, but will also be available as a digital download at coaxed.bandcamp.com. The tape is being released by the band and the Im Drinkin This tape label.
* Saddle Creek Records will once again host a label showcase at the South By Southwest Music Festival in Austin, Tex. Performers at the showcase are scheduled to include Big Harp, Icky Blossoms, PUJOL, The Thermals, and UUVVWWZ. UUVVWWZ is also the Reader's Media Sponsored band for 2012.
* Icky Blossoms have also filmed a new video for "Village", a track that didn't appear on the band's debut album. Local artist/performance collective Church of Tomorrow directed the video, which premiered on the Stereogum website earlier this month. The band also recorded a four-song live session for University of Minnesota's Radio K. Those tracks can be found on radiok.org.