If Omaha area health services organizations seem particularly proud of who they serve and what they offer, it’s probably because they consistently appear at the top of national rankings. It’s a good situation for locals because we have ample options from which to choose.
By the numbers
The number of “health services” organizations in the Omaha metro is 773, which includes clinics, hospitals, in-home care, massage therapists and more, according to data courtesy of SalesGenie.
Projected employment in health services is expected to increase through the year 2020 and beyond, the Nebraska Department of Labor says. An aging population coupled with medical advancements make this a booming field.
Where are health service organizations?
The largest number of Omaha metro health services are located in Douglas County with 596, followed by Sarpy County with 72 and Pottawattamie County with 67, per the SalesGenie data.
Health and wellness requires much more than hospitals and urgent care facilities. Home health care thrives in Omaha, as does physical therapy and rehabilitation services. Behavioral health services are also well-represented in the metro area.
Want to learn more about the health services industry in Omaha? Check out these helpful resources:
- 2021 Professional and Health Services Category Winners
- 2020 Professional and Health Services Category Winners
- 2019 Professional and Health Services Category Winners
Readers’ Choice Recognition Levels
Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O Winners fall into four levels of recognition, but can only fall into one per category. Every nomination is a “Best Of” vote, and often very small percentages separate the levels of recognition. Because there are so many businesses in each category, a small percentage of the total nominations can lift your business into one of these recognition levels. Your business is truly among the best of an often very crowded field or industry.
1) Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O: Any winner with more than 50% of the votes cast in that category or the top vote-getter. Only one winner unless it’s a tie.
2) Readers’ Choice: Any vote-getter with at least 20% of the votes cast in that category or up to the next top two vote-getters after Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O with at least 10% of the votes cast in that category.
3) Readers’ Recommended: Any vote-getter with at least 10% of the votes cast in that category or up to the next top three vote-getters after Readers’ Choice with at least 5% of the votes cast in that category.
4) Readers’ Refer: Any vote-getter with at least 5% of the votes cast in that category or the top vote-getters to round out six winners in a category.