* Rainy Road Records is enjoying new digs at the Mastercraft Building 1111 North 13th St. The local label specializes in cassette tape releases, though label owner Kevin Cline is preparing an vinyl LP version of Baby Tears’ Rusty Years album for release. Also on the label’s schedule is a new Snake Island! cassette, which should be ready in time for the band’s show on Friday, June 22nd at the Waiting Room Lounge, 6212 Maple St.
* Bearfoot Band, a Nashville-based bluegrass act, will play a three-day stand as part of the Brownville Concert Series. The band plays the Brownville Concert Hall on the nights of Friday, June 22nd and Saturday, June 23rd and at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 24th. Tickets range from $12 to $23. For more information, visit brownvilleconcertseries.com.
* Go to Bank of the West’s Facebook page if you want to vote for the band that will open the Bank Of the West Celebrates America concert Saturday, June 29th at Omaha’s Memorial Park, 6005 Underwood Ave. Huey Lewis & the News headline the event, which is also scheduled to feature Mockingbird Sun. The finalists are Omaha locals Blue Bird, the Big Deep, Quartus, the Tara Vaughan Band and Vibenhai, as well as out-of-towners Highway Poets from California, Boston’s Scarlett Drive. Voting ends on Friday, June 15th.
* Iowa Western Community College’s FM radio station, 89.7 The River, will play host to the inaugural Knot Festival Friday, August 17th at the Mid America Motorplex in Pacific Junction, Ia. Slipknot curates and headlines the hard rock and metal festival, which also includes a European carnival sideshow that features fire-breathing and stilt-walking acts. Musical performers are set to include Deftones, Lamb of God, Dethklok, Cannibal Corpse and the Urge. Tickets for the event go on sale Friday, June 8th. For more information, visit knotfest.com.
* Nebraska Pop Festival’s 2012 edition begins Tuesday, July 10th with a free show at Shamrock’s Pub, 5338 North 103rd St. The nearly week-long event showcasing more than 40 independent pop bands from around the world continues Wednesday, July 11th through Sunday, July 15th with nightly shows at the Barley Street Tavern, 2735 North 62nd St. Admission is $7 each night. For more information, visit nepopfest2012.blogspot.com.