* Musicpage.com founder David Codr will be hosting three workshops centered on helping bands improve their promotion skills May 14 – 17. Codr gives his Guerrila Promotion seminars across the country, drawing on his experience booking shows, managing bands and running the Musicpage.com website and its predecessor, the Music Phone Book publication. Musicpage.com, which launched a year ago, connects musicians with venues, bookers, managers and other industry professionals. The workshops, which begin nightly at 6 p.m., will be held Monday, May 14th at Dietze Music, 13015 West Center Rd., Tuesday, May 15th at Make Believe Recording Studio, 805 Hickory St., and Thursday, May 17th at Dietze Music, 5555 So 48th St. in Lincoln.
* The Drums didn’t have to push very hard to win over a highly-enthusiastic, but cozy crowd at the Waiting Room Lounge, 6212 Maple St., last Tuesday. Singer Jonathan Pierce sashayed and gallivanted in the front of the stage, as the band played through their batch of indie-pop hits. Meanwhile, opener Craft Spells struck an even greater impression, despite buried vocals. Guitar jangle melded with a moodier, post-punk vibe to create a luminous ode to a wide swath of ’80s alternative pop forebearers.
* Maha Music Festival, set for Saturday, August 11th at Aksarben Village’s Stinson Park, have enriched their line-up with the additions of indie rock acts the Delta Spirit and the Dum Dum Girls. Delta Spirit released their self-titled, third album earlier this year. Tickets for the all-day event, headlined by Garbage and Desaparecidos, are $35.
* Red Sky Music Festival announced their initial line-up, running July 18-21 at the TD Ameritrade Park, 1200 Mike Fahey St. Rascal Flatts and Little Big Town is Wednesday, July 18th, Brad Paisley and the Band Perry play Friday, July 20th, and Def Leppard, Poison and Lita Ford play Saturday, July 21st. Tickets go on sale Friday, May 11th, starting at 10 a.m., via Ticketmaster.
* The third big, local outdoor music event to announce a line-up this past week was the free Jazz on the Green series, which is now located at Turner Park, 3110 Farnam St. The Thursday night concerts start at 7 p.m., kicking off July 12th with Mike Gurciullo & His Las Vegas Lab Band. Other performers scheduled include Marcos Y Sabor and the Lil’ Slim Blues Band.