Help Us Reinvent Media!
We have freelance, part-time and full-time positions available depending on the timing and the candidate. As a growing and nimble company, we’re always looking for the right people to work with to stay on the edge of media’s transformation with an equity-first focus. If interested, please email a cover letter, 3-5 work samples and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bilingual and cultural proficiency skills always a big plus. Attitude and work ethic define success here. Current positions of focus include:
Business Development – IMMEDIATE FULL-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
Work directly with the publisher on educating, servicing and growing a clientele ranging from Fortune 1000 companies to mom-and-pop small businesses. We stringently take a client-first consultative approach centered in business results, digital strategy and organic growth (particularly content marketing, search engine optimization and conversion optimization) that delivers the best long-term ROMI for our customers and establishes deep, long-lasting relationships. As we shifted from relying entirely on advertising starting in 2008, we’ve stood up a significant “boutique” agency — PioneerMedia — that is team-focused, offering full-scope services or niche deliverables as an independent agency, trusted partner or white-label provider. We deliver the highest value not only in our client’s business results, but in our ability to educate and empower them to make holistic marketing decisions.
Very little outbound activity, most inbound or referral. It is our goal to bring this skill set to other alternative and ethnic media and we are fostering many local and national relationships along these lines.
Compensation: $30,000-$60,000 annual base based on experience and ability with significant commission opportunities. Health insurance compensation and 401k included. Profit-sharing and employee ownership coming.
Social Media Director – FULL-TIME, PART-TIME OR FREELANCE
Work directly with the editorial and agency teams on educating, servicing and growing the social media needs of a clientele ranging from our own media channels (The Reader, El Perico, OmahaJobs.com, PioneerMedia) to Fortune 1000 companies and mom-and-pop small businesses. We stringently take a client-first consultative approach centered in business results, digital strategy and organic growth (particularly content marketing, search engine optimization and conversion optimization) that delivers the best long-term ROMI for our customers and establishes deep, long-lasting relationships.
Duties include social media strategy, creation and implementation integrated with larger content and advertising strategies and driving engagement in social media channels.
Compensation: Starts at $15-$25/hour based on experience and ability with significant commission opportunities. Health insurance compensation, 401k included for full-time employees (profit-sharing and employee ownership coming).
The Reader and its sister operations (El Perico, OmahaJobs and PioneerMedia) will always consider interns year-round (Spring, Summer, Fall), generally along two tracks, though we have flexibility to consider any internship idea:
Production or Editorial (Minimum request of 10-15 hours a week)
- Assist with news and culture reporting. Our coverage includes stories about news, art, food and music with enough freedom to follow many of your own ideas.
- Create multimedia reporting projects, contribute to online content and social media management
- Work with community contributors, empower community storytelling and engagement
- Print production including prepress, layout and design and proofing
- Tracking and listing local events
- Assisting with our daily Reed Moore newsletter
- Additional duties as assigned.
Marketing or Sales Internship (Minimum request of 10-15 hours a week)
- Help local businesses understand their customers with advanced research and data techniques
- Work with an official Grow with Google City Partner
- Implement educational and consultative approaches that help businesses drive the best results based on their needs, not the products we can sell. Build trust by bringing value.
- Collaborate on creative content for marketing, SEO and advertising campaigns
- Assist businesses with the fundamentals of Identity SEO and foundational marketing, including a number of complimentary services
- Help build, track and optimize integrated campaigns across multiple online and offline channels