* Local trio Baby Tears are preparing the physical release of their new LP, Rusty Years, on Rainy Road Records. The album has been digitally available via Rainy Road’s web site for several weeks. The physical release will be out late spring/early summer and limited to 200 copies on vinyl, with screen-printed covers. The album was recorded by the band last year. Visit rainyroadrecords.com for more information.
* Baby Tears will be one of three bands helping celebrate the 40th birthday of Donny Diederich, former owner/operator of Convicted Skate Shop and the Hole music venue. The show takes place Saturday, March 24th at Brother’s Lounge, 3812 Farnam St. Digital Leather and Peace of Shit are also on the bill.
* Des Moines, Ia. music festival 80/35 will start selling tickets to the general public Monday, March 26th. The two-day festival is in its fifth year. Expect a line-up announcement April 3rd.
* Omaha is getting a new space for live music and coffee, thanks to the opening of Accelerando Coffee House, 3504 South 108th St. The venue will host a grand opening on Saturday, March 31th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event includes six hours of live performances and a food drive for Project Hope. Attendees who donate a non-perishable food item, get special deals on coffee at the event. The coffeehouse is owned by Candace and Cody Jorgensen, who also teach at the Omaha Conservatory of Music. Visit the coffeehouse online at acceleandocoffeehouse.com.
* Local alternative folk band Island Alumni have been steadily booking gigs in their first few months playing out as a band and now they have a gig booked at the Slowdown, 729 N. 14th St. on Friday, April 6th. While the line-up hasn’t been finalized, the tickets will only be $7.
* Now that Conduits have celebrated the release of their debut album, they are set to hit the road with Cursive later this month for a month-long run of shows. Meanwhile, the band’s album is available at several local stores including Homer’s Music, 1210 Howard St., and on vinyl only at Saddle Creek Shop, 721 N. 14th St.