* Local hip hop artist Conchance released a new video Tuesday, July 23rd for “What’s Goode”, a song off his Calm Kids album. The video was directed and shot by Sam Martin and Dan Thompson. Calm Kids, which came out in 2012, is on Make Believe Recordings. The new video is viewable on YouTube.
* Inphase Car Audio is bringing a full day of music to Papillion with the Inphase Rock & Blues Bash Saturday, August 10th at the Sumtur Amphitheater, 11691 South 108th St. Headliner Hamilton Loomis Band will be joined by the 9s, Hector Anchondo, the Decatures, the Bel Airs and Josh Hoyer and the Shadown Boxers. Tickets are available at sumtur.org.
* Cursive frontman Tim Kasher is scheduled to release his second solo album, Adult Film, Tuesday, October 8th on Saddle Creek Records. Kasher recorded the album with his touring band of Sara Bertuldo, Patrick Newberry and Dylan Ryan. The ten-track album is available for pre-sale via Saddle Creek Records.
* Jake Bellows’ debut solo album New Ocean comes out Tuesday, August 6th on Saddle Creek Records, but eager fans can hear the entire album now on Spin Magazine’s website. The website is offering a full stream of the album leading up to the release date at spin.com.
* Those looking to get their hands on Maha Music Festival merchandise prior the the festival’s Saturday, August 17th show at Stinson Park can head to Homer’s Music, 1210 Howard St. The festival has hats, t-shirts and posters for sale there now until the show date. Homer’s is also an official ticket outlet for the festival, which is being headlined by the Flaming Lips.
* Hat tip to the Waiting Room Music Quiz, held Monday, July 29th at the Waiting Room Lounge, 6212 Maple St. The evening was ably emceed by musician/bartender extraordinaire Matt Bowen and local promoter/Benson figurehead MarQ Manner and was a breezy, fun take on the pub quiz format. Coming in second place with a group of friends didn’t hurt my take on the night either.