With the band about to go on at The Slowdown in just a few hours (7:30 p.m. to be exact) we received the following Ten Questions responses from uber-hot indie rock band Diet Cig. Check it out before you head down to the show, which is headlined by The Front Bottoms. Tix are still available for $21.
BTW, Diet Cig has been named to perform at this year’s Maha Music Festival. What better way to get a sneak preview of their on stage hi-jinx than tonight’s gig? So without further ado, the Ten Questions:
1. What is your favorite album?
Diet Cig: Space Jam Soundtrack
2. What is your least favorite song?
Anything by the Talking Heads
3. What do you enjoy most about being in a band?
Getting to tour and meet other people’s pets.
4. What do you hate about being in a band?
Nothing comes to mind… it pretty much all rawwwks.
5. What is your favorite substance (legal or illegal)?
Pixie Sticks (Ed note: Pixy Stix)
6. In what city or town do you love to perform?
7. What city or town did you have your worst gig (and why)?
First time in Denver, CO, our car had gotten broken into and we were so bummed out all day, we just wanted the show to be over.
8. How do you pay your bills?
9. What one profession other than music would you like to attempt; what one profession would you absolutely hate to do?
Dog walker!!! I’d hate to work at a deli ever again… I still get nightmares about processed meats.
10. What are the stories you’ve heard about Omaha, Nebraska?
Conor Oberst walks around with a super soaker full of Nair on Halloween and terrorizes local kids.
Diet Cig opens for The Front Bottoms and Brick + Mortar tonight at The Slowdown, 729 North 14th Street. Tickets are $21. Show starts at 7:30. For more information, go to theslowdown.com.