On Aug. 11, the Douglas County Board of Commissioners granted $10 million in CARES Act funds to the Omaha Community Foundation to distribute the money among 13 nonprofit arts organizations throughout Douglas County.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Your Top Local Stories
- Hundreds gathered at two demonstrations in Omaha protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake, an unarmed Black man shot in the back by police in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- As private schools see a spike in enrollment, administrators have had to increase protections for students.
- Papillion La Vista Community Schools is entering its third week of in-person classes with eight reported cases of COVID-19.
- Lake Manawa State Park received a $1.2 million grant to develop a campground along the metro-area lakefront.
Around the State
- Nebraska has not decided whether it will chip in money for a new unemployment program that would up people’s weekly benefits by $400.
- After threatening the Big Ten with a lawsuit, parents of Husker football players have not heard anything from the organization.
- College campuses around Nebraska and Iowa have seen COVID-19 cases as in-person class resumes.
- A TestNebraska computer glitch led to a delay in test results for many.
- The Nebraska State Fair will start this Friday with pandemic-related protections.
- Sen. Ben Sasse and senate candidate Chris Janicek, who’s been disavowed by the Democratic Party and refuses to drop out, will debate each other in September.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1