On Aug. 11, the Douglas County Board of Commissioners granted $10 million in CARES Act funds to the Omaha Community Foundation to distribute the money among 13 nonprofit arts organizations throughout Douglas County.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Your Top Local Stories
- Papillion La Vista Public Schools canceled in-person class on Monday due to problems with its air conditioning system.
- Omaha hit its highest temperatures in two years with trends continuing this week.
- Omaha staple plant store Mulhall’s is pivoting its business toward conservation.
- Remote learning is a stretch for parents of special needs kids.
- As mental health finds a new place in the conversation around race, policing and community investment, disparities for people of color in access and representation need to be addressed.
- A group gathered outside of the Douglas County Courthouse to protest and raise awareness about ICE.
- A new testing site has opened in South Omaha.
- A group gathered outside a post office in Omaha to show their support of USPS.
- With students interacting with hundreds of other kids on a daily basis, Douglas County contact tracers say it’s harder to track the virus inside schools.
- Mayor Jean Stothert vetoed the Omaha City Council’s decision to take $1.8 million from the city’s cash reserves to fund mental health and unemployment training programs.
Around the State
- A UNL sorority is in quarantine following a cluster of cases found among its members.
- Wayne State denied some of its professors the ability to teach remotely.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1