As we’re nearing Election Day, the news about COVID-19 has waned for a saturation of political coverage and a few political bombshells. But what role does the virus play in the election?
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- Omaha Police Chief Todd Schmaderer and Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert released a statement defending Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine Monday.
- Douglas County Commissioner Chris Rodgers said Monday he wants to keep adding drop boxes with early voting possibly becoming the norm for many residents.
- The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office released more information about a shooting that took place Sunday night at the Douglas County Jail.
Around the State
- The American Civil Liberties Union of Nebraska is sending nearly 9,000 voting rights packets to county jails and the homes of residents who received disqualification notices.
- Tyson Foods announced plans to open a medical clinic for workers at its Lexington beef plant.
- COVID-related hospitalizations have increased over the past week to levels last seen at the end of May at the height of the pandemic.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Take a Hike
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1