A new column, DIS|PLACE, explores the legacies and similarities of systemic racism in South Africa and the U.S.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- Omaha community members came together for a march to support the release of Edward Poindexter.
- OPS Board Member Ben Perlman believes leaders at the state, county and city level are not taking the virus seriously, putting teachers at risk.
- According to a proposed ordinance on the Omaha City Council agenda, drone operators might not be able to fly their equipment without restrictions in city parks much longer.
- Omaha Public Libraries will begin phased reopening this week.
Around the State
- Gov. Pete Ricketts and leaders from the Department of Health and Human Services held a press conference Monday to highlight service to Medicaid recipients and a temporary housing option for teachers.
- Five more staffers in the Nebraska Department of Corrections have tested positive for COVID-19.
- More than 40% of the deaths linked to the coronavirus in Nebraska have been at nursing homes.
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln reported 13 new COVID-19 cases on campus Monday.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Dripped And Draped
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1