Inside is a sad clown special.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Happy National Megalodon Day!
Go ahead, sink your teeth into today’s news: The U.S. Olympic Swim Trials will honor a heroic Black WWII sailor, organizers get ready for Native Omaha Days, and the Douglas County Health Department tells Omahans to respect people wearing masks.
~ Harper’s Index Facts of The Day ~
- Number of U.S. workers who were projected, before the pandemic, to be displaced by automation by 2030: 36,900,000
- Number of U.S. workers who are now projected to be: 45,300,000
Source: McKinsey Global Institute (San Francisco)
- The U.S. Olympic Swim Trials will honor Charles Jackson French, a Black WWII sailor whose heroic feat had been forgotten. Here’s his story.
- Following 13 infertility treatments, an Omaha couple brings home quadruplets.
- Organizers prepare for the 23rd Biennial Native Omaha Days Festival from July 26 to Aug. 2.
- Dog-walk attacks traumatize pets and their owners throughout Omaha and Council Bluffs.
- Local bicycle nonprofits request volunteers to help with the College World Series bike valet.
- The Douglas County Health Department reminds Omahans to respect people who decide to continue wearing masks.
- Lawyers for the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska and political advocacy group Bold Nebraska ask state officials to rescind land easements from the Keystone XL pipeline.
- Some Nebraskans’ personal information, including phone numbers and partial Social Security numbers, is sent to a third party after a software error at the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
- State officials warn about kissing bugs, which can cause parasitic infection.
Follow Anton for Local Government News
Reporter Anton Johnson is sitting in on meetings of the Douglas County Board of Commissioners and Omaha City Council today. Follow him at @AntonIsWriting for live tweets, and to catch up on important items from today’s agendas.
Reed Moore’s Things To Do
Guaca Maya Mexican Restaurant & Nightclub
5002 S. 33rd St.
The Daily Funny (Click on the image.)