Create a sweet memory for your Valentine with an unforgettable take-home treat for a cause.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Today we have stories about an ethanol plant near Mead being shut down by emergency order, a bill to merge Omaha and Douglas County governments, and an Omaha native signing to play in the MLS at just 16 years old.
- Amber Tjaden, daughter of former Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle, is found dead after being missing for more than a week.
- South Omahan Ozzie Cisneros signs a contract with Sporting KC of MLS, becoming the fourth-youngest athlete to join the league.
- With COVID-19 restrictions lifted across the state, Omaha’s bars and restaurants are packed with fans watching the Super Bowl.
- The Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy issued an emergency order to shut down an ethanol plant near Mead
- State Sen. John McCollister introduces a bill in the Nebraska Legislature to investigate merging Omaha and Douglas County governments into a single body.
Reed Moore’s Things To Do
Fat Tuesday at Upstream
514 S. 11th St.
11 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
Although its annual Fat Tuesday will have a different face this year because of the pandemic, Upstream’s celebration will go on. Upstream asks that customers practice social distancing – a small price given the fun to go around.
Reed Moore’s Daily Comic