Following the end of the session, several senators gathered on the steps of the Capitol to call for a special session to address the pandemic- and racial justice. Other special sessions have been called to address the Keystone XL Pipeline and the state budget.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
- Local health officials say Omaha’s mask mandate is working as positivity rates decline.
- The Douglas County Election Commission will be mailing out green by-mail early voting ballot applications postcards over the next several weeks.
- The movement to free Ernest Jackson, who was convicted of murder at 17, grows as supporters say he is innocent.
Around the State
- The Attorney General’s office says Pivot Concierge Health and Banyan Medical systems ‘misled’ consumers on COVID-19 antibody test.
- The state of Nebraska will move forward with its plans to introduce Phase 4 of reopening Monday.
- Three more state corrections employees have tested positive for the coronavirus, state prisons officials said.
- Some Lincoln Public Schools teachers and staff members say the district is not hearing their concerns about in-person instruction amid a global pandemic.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1