Dealing with death is tough anytime. Dealing with a pandemic that compromises how people gather before and after loss is especially cruel. Then there’s the stark reality that COVID-19 fatalities are straining hospital and morgue capacities in some cities. Unchanged is the red-tape bureaucracy of death.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Today we have stories about rental and mortgage relief coming to Douglas County residents, Sarpy County’s new mental health court and disparities in Nebraska’s vaccination demographics.
- More rent and mortgage relief is on the way for struggling families across Douglas County.
- Sarpy County has established Nebraska’s first mental health court.
- Douglas County expects to begin vaccinating people in the 65-and-older category for COVID next week, but those 80 years old and above will be first in line.
- White Nebraskans are getting vaccinated at much higher rates than minorities.
- Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson says state officials are taking new steps to support victims of sexual abuse.
Reed Moore’s Things To Do
Treat Yo’self At The Edge Of The Universe
Edge of the Universe Cafe is unlike other cafes. They have an ever-changing roster of fun events, including board games, stories and parties. There is always something new happening at the Edge of the Universe. Their February event is a Super Bowl party, but with a completely unique twist.
JANE AUSTEN SUPER BOWL 2021 brings the best drinks, scones, tea cakes, charcuterie boards and fanciest of movie marathons – ALL JANE AUSTEN MOVIES, 12 am – 8pm!!
Along with Edge of the Universe’s entire menu of baked goods, soups and charcuterie boards, you can fuel the festivity with hot drinks, beer and wine. Be there to quote along to your favorite Jane Austen movies! Click here for more information!