This list represents what Omaha locals and Reader readers love — businesses that are the best at what they do. With deep thanks to everyone in the community that participated, we congratulate this amazing list of awardees!
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
- Westside Community Schools announced it is planning to move to in-person learning four days a week.
- Douglas County said it’s confident in its reporting of COVID-19 results, despite the state’s second technological problem in as many weeks.
- Protesters gathered outside of the Nebraska Humane Society Wednesday afternoon to protest the seizure of nine animals from Scatter Joy Acres.
- A North Carolina man was caught by TSA officials with a loaded handgun at Eppley Airfield.
Around the State
- Nebraska Commissioner of Education Matt Blomstedt cautioned local school officials against rolling back COVID-19 health protocols.
- FEMA announced Wednesday that Nebraska is approved for the Lost Wages Assistance program.
- Gov. Pete Ricketts said Wednesday that he stands by his decision to turn away additional emergency food benefits.
- Nebraska has created a new state disaster response team to help local governments that are overwhelmed with massive wildfires and other disasters.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Chaima’s African Cuisine
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1