The state has doled out $16 million in CARES Act money to help get unemployed and underemployed Nebraskans into better paying, more rewarding work.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- Douglas County Election Commissioner Brian Kruse sat down on Wednesday to address concerns surrounding mail-in voting.
- The Omaha Police Department will conduct an internal investigation into a shooting that occurred Sunday inside the Douglas County Jail.
- The Omaha Police Department will be getting over 500 new body cameras and stun guns after the city council unanimously approved them.
- Omaha City Council members are questioning how much longer Omaha will need its mask mandate.
Around the State
- Nebraska Secretary of State of Bob Evnen says his office has been working to make sure votes stay protected, including setting up a tracking process on their website.
- President Trump’s failure to denounce a white supremacist group in Tuesday night’s presidential debate is sparking concern right here in Nebraska.
- An infectious disease expert and professor with the University of Nebraska Medical Center called recent increased trends in COVID-19 indicators “alarm bells” for the state.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Plan A Golf Outing
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1