View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Your Top Local Stories
- The Omaha Public Library announced plans for a phased reopening beginning on Sept. 21.
- Omaha City Council voted Tuesday afternoon to extend the mask mandate as a measure to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Douglas County Board members want to invest $2 million into mental health resources.
- A use of force investigation has been authorized after a 14-year-old robbery suspect was tasered by Omaha police.
- A grand jury is set to convene in the James Scurlock case.
Around the State
- Lancaster County has reached a new peak in the coronavirus pandemic after a surge of new cases in the past week.
- The ‘One Heart Project’ aims to help troubled teens at the Nebraska Correctional Youth Facility and Sarpy County’s Juvenile Justice Center.
- Nebraska is launching a new campaign to promote local agricultural companies to foreign countries, many of which are the state’s biggest customers.