In a pandemic, it’s only natural to focus on first responders. Pandemic or not, ERs, ICUs and nursing homes are where patients with life-threatening illnesses find care, and either recover or die. When death occurs, it’s easy to overlook the role funeral homes play as last-responders.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- City of Omaha inspectors are looking into complaints filed this week against Lindenwood Court Apartments near 48th and Boyd and Sahler Streets.
- A village of 50 tiny houses is poised to rise on two acres of mostly industrial property in north downtown.
- The Omaha City Council is scheduled to once again consider a mask mandate extension.
Around the State
- Sen. Ben Sasse torched President Donald Trump during a Wednesday telephone town hall with constituents.
- Nebraska reported nearly 1,000 new cases of coronavirus on Wednesday, and doctors in rural parts of the state expressed concern about the high rate of infections across the state.
- A Lincoln man is sentenced to 100 years in prison for producing child porn.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1