The Douglas County Board of Commissioners voted to show its support for County Attorney Don Kleine Tuesday morning. The vote, which passed 4-0 with two commissioners abstaining, followed the Nebraska Democratic Party’s Sept. 27 resolution stating that Kleine upheld white supremacy in his handling of the case involving James Scurlock’s death.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- CHI Health says it’s prepared for more patients as current COVID-19 data is trending upward.
- Donald Trump Jr. made his third Omaha stop in less than a month, visiting the GOP campaign offices in west-central Omaha.
- The Elkhorn Public Schools Board decided to move to 100% remote learning for one week after each scheduled break.
Around the State
- A former Lincoln TV reporter pleaded no contest to a charge of second-degree attempted sexual assault Tuesday.
- Fatal crashes involving motorcycles are up 27% in Nebraska this year with 28 deaths reported as of Tuesday.
- A small group of demonstrators stood outside the Lincoln Public Schools board meeting Tuesday night, asking the district not to require that all students wear masks at school.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1