As cultural institutions begin re-opening regionally in response to COVID-19, the Garden of the Zodiac Gallery has followed suit with a secure and calculated caveat of its own. Monte Kruse: Night Light runs through Sept. 27.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
- After years of delay, groundbreaking is set for Omaha’s new juvenile justice center.
- An Omaha city council member wants to extend the city’s mask mandate through at least Oct. 20.
- Set to open the morning of Sept. 4, the Omaha zoo’s sea lion exhibit will give people a “nose-to-nose” view of the marine mammals.
- Millard Public Schools has announced that all three Millard high schools will start in-person learning next week.
Around the State
- Nebraska football players have filed a lawsuit asking a jury to force the Big Ten Conference to reinstate a fall football season.
- Nebraska voters will get the chance to decide whether to legalize medical marijuana in November.
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln announced 107 total coronavirus infections Thursday, offering its first detailed look at the pandemic’s spread since the school year started.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1
Omaha, NE 68107