This list represents what Omaha locals and Reader readers love — businesses that are the best at what they do. With deep thanks to everyone in the community that participated, we congratulate this amazing list of awardees!
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
- North Omaha activist and Black Votes Matter organizer Preston Love Jr. will run for U.S. senate as a write-in.
- Protesters interrupted the planned groundbreaking of the new downtown Juvenile Detention Center.
- Omaha Public Schools parents speak before the school board as the district debates its next step.
- No charges will be filed in the July 17 shooting death of Airman MarQuell Dale.
Around the State
- The Nebraska Supreme Court concluded that the medical marijuana proposal violated Nebraska’s “single subject rule” for ballot measures.
- The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services said more state prison workers have recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- A class action lawsuit has been filed against the City of Lincoln over its mask mandate.
- The Nebraska Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is hosting its annual Out of the Darkness event this week.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Taste of New Orleans
6023 Maple St
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1