Etienne served as a special assistant and director of communications for the U.S. cabinet under President Barack Obama. Now she is serving as a senior advisor of strategic planning for Joe Biden, a candidate she says America won’t have to take a chance on. For the full interview, listen to Mind and Soul in the Morning here.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- Joe Biden’s pick-up of one electoral vote from Nebraska’s Second Congressional District may prove decisive in an unexpectedly close presidential election.
- The election results are in for the Omaha Public Schools Board.
- Twenty-three Omaha police officers have tested positive for COVID-19 as of Monday, according to a department spokesman.
- Late voting results indicate Maureen Boyle and Mike Friend will join the Douglas County Board.
- Incumbent Rep. Don Bacon (R) won a rematch over Kara Eastman (D) for Nebraska’s 2nd Congressional District.
- Nebraskans approved three ballot initiatives aimed at allowing casino gambling at six licensed horse racetracks across the state.
- Nebraska voters easily approved a measure to strip language from the state constitution that provides an exemption to its ban on slavery.
- The election results are in for the state’s legislature races.
- Nebraska voters overwhelmingly approved a measure to cap the annual interest rate on payday loans at 36%.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Take a Fall Drive to Western Nebraska
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1