A jury in Douglas County convicted Earnest Jackson of murder in 1999. Now a movement has started to set him free.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- Jake Gardner, the man charged of manslaughter in the death of 22-year-old James Scurlock, has died by suicide.
- The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office arrested Thomas Trouba in connection with two suspicious packages placed outside the Douglas County Courthouse on Friday afternoon.
- A computer network outage that occurred early Sunday in the Nebraska Medicine system could lead to the postponement of patient appointments Monday and possibly Tuesday.
- The South Omaha Business Association is merging with the Nebraska Hispanic Chamber Foundation, furthering the growth and success of South Omaha businesses.
Around the State
- Governor Pete Ricketts announced that all U.S. and Nebraska flags are to be flown at half-staff in honor of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Rep. Don Bacon is part of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus that is pushing a $1.5 trillion coronavirus relief plan.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln researchers found the COVID-19 death rate among Black adults age 65 and older is approximately three times higher than among whites.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Big Mama’s Kitchen
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1