From its barrage of close-ups where people open and close whimsical boxes to its overly affected characters behaving and talking like no one ever has or will in real-life, The Planters is an unrepentant Wes Anderson homage with slightly more explicit disrespect for the mentally ill.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- The Omaha City Council held a public hearing on extending the city’s mask ordinance on Tuesday.
- The special prosecutor in the James Scurlock case obtained Jake Gardner’s death certificate and dismissed the charges Tuesday.
- Multiple people were taken to the hospital following President Donald Trump’s rally at Eppley Airfield.
- A former television meteorologist was sentenced to two years on probation after he sent threatening emails to the Douglas County Health Director.
Around the State
- Nebraska officials laid out which groups would be among the first Nebraskans to receive a coronavirus vaccine when one becomes available.
- Hospitals across Nebraska are preparing for the spread of both COVID-19 and the flu this winter.
- Nebraska’s prison system continues to struggle with the spread of the coronavirus among inmates and staff.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1