Three new sci-fi/horror-adjacent films recently dropped that weirdly explore oddly similar themes about the horrors of immortality/mortality and how empathy is the only way to fight the bogeyman.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Your Top Local Stories
- State Senator Ernie Chambers may become a candidate for the Douglas County Board to challenge the currently unopposed, Chris Rodgers from district three.
- Property valuation protests are at a 13-year-high this summer in Douglas County.
- The first murder trial held in the Douglas County courthouse, after months of coronavirus delays, was declared a mistrial because the defendant’s sister tested positive for the virus.
- Millard Public Schools will offer parents the option of fully remote learning for their children in the fall.
- One week after a Sienna Francis House resident tested positive for COVID-19, the shelter created a temporary testing site with the capability to test all residents.
- The next phase of the Riverfront Revitalization project will restrict access to the Lewis and Clark Landing.
Around the State
- State Senator Justin Wayne will not be introducing an amendment to repeal the state’s ban on affirmative action in this legislative session.
- Nine current and former UNL students are suing the university over its the lack of investigation and response to their complaints of sexual misconduct.
- A state senator requested a financial audit of TestNebraska to make sure Nebraskans’ money is being used efficiently by the coronavirus testing service.
- All 49 Nebraska state senators returned to the Capitol yesterday after an almost four-month break due to coronavirus safety concerns.
- The Nebraska School Activities Association announced that fall sports will resume as scheduled and practices can begin in Aug.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1