Hello to Goodbye, Goodbye to Hello
The Last Five Years is a story of love gone awry that sparkles with gorgeous performances.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Today we have stories about Creighton basketball coach Greg McDermott offering to resign, Douglas County health officials ensuring people receive both doses of COVID-19 vaccine, and state lawmakers questioning utility companies about last month’s rolling blackouts.
- Creighton basketball coach Greg McDermott offers to resign following insensitive locker-room comments, but players want him to stay.
- Omaha police are investigating a robbery at the Omaha Police Federal Credit Union, offering a reward for any tips leading to an arrest.
- The Douglas County Health Department is taking steps to ensure people do not miss their appointments for a second COVID-19 vaccine dose.
- Douglas County Commissioner Mike Boyle is diagnosed with lung cancer.
- An inmate missing from Community Corrections Center-Omaha is arrested and charged with escaping.
- The Nebraska Legislature’s Natural Resources Committee questions utility company officials about February’s rolling blackouts.
- Gov. Pete Ricketts announces Nebraska will receive doses of the new Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, which only requires one shot.
- Former state Sen. Ernie Chambers receives his second COVID-19 vaccine dose, and encourages all Nebraskans to do the same.
Reed Moore’s Things To Do for St. Patrick’s Day
2021 Testify Leprechaun Lift-Off Weightlifting Meet
- March 13, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- 14505 Grover St. #117
- Tickets $40–$50
There will be divisions for men and women in Masters, Senior, Junior, and Youth divisions. Additionally, weight classes and age divisions for each of the 3 (possibly 4) sessions will be announced via email after registration is complete.
Registration runs until March 6, but only those who had registered by Feb. 20 will receive a Leprechaun Lift-off shirt. There are fees for each registration period (register online).
Current USAW/IWF rules apply, bring your card and ID, and no USAW apps will be accepted on the day of the event. There is no charge for spectators, the referees are sharp, and singlets are not required.
Reed Moore’s Daily Comic