View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Today we have stories about Omaha Public Libraries reopening, Omaha City Council extending the mask mandate and OPD investigating the use of force on a minor.
Your Top Local Stories
- The Omaha Public Library announced plans for a phased reopening beginning on Sept. 21.
- Omaha City Council voted Tuesday afternoon to extend the mask mandate as a measure to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Douglas County Board members want to invest $2 million into mental health resources.
- A use of force investigation has been authorized after a 14-year-old robbery suspect was tasered by Omaha police.
- A grand jury is set to convene in the James Scurlock case.
Around the State
- Lancaster County has reached a new peak in the coronavirus pandemic after a surge of new cases in the past week.
- The ‘One Heart Project’ aims to help troubled teens at the Nebraska Correctional Youth Facility and Sarpy County’s Juvenile Justice Center.
- Nebraska is launching a new campaign to promote local agricultural companies to foreign countries, many of which are the state’s biggest customers.