Reader reporter Chris Bowling reflects on his recent coronavirus scare in this weekly series that breaks down COVID-19 data from the state.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- The Omaha City Council proposed a $5.5 million contract for new body cameras and tasers for police.
- Omaha’s mask requirement could be extended until the week of Thanksgiving.
- The Omaha Public Power District is reporting another scam affecting customers.
- Special Prosecutor Fredrick D. Franklin made a statement Wednesday following the news that Jake Gardner died by suicide.
Around the State
- Gov. Pete Ricketts made clear Monday that he will not mandate coronavirus vaccinations for Nebraskans, whenever those vaccinations become available.
- An inmate at the Lincoln Correctional Center was hospitalized Wednesday after being attacked.
- Despite an emergency prison overcrowding declaration from the state, fewer inmates from the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services have been released on parole.
- Republican Rep. Don Bacon and Democratic candidate Kara Eastman are set for a debate on Wednesday, Oct. 7.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
B’s Bones & Sauce
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1