We thought 2020 was going to be HashtagTheYear, and in its own way, we suppose it was. It was the year small, locally owned spots found out just how Support-Local Omaha really was, or wasn’t. It was the year we learned how delicate our food supply chain truly is. This was the year we ordered more takeout than ever before. While this may not have been that year, hindsight is always 2020. While looking back at a dumpster fire is tempting, we are more than ready to look forward. Let’s take a look at The Reader’s predictions for what 2021 holds for Omaha’s Culinary Culture.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Today we have stories about the arrest of an Iowa man in connection with the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, The Greater Omaha Chamber’s new Candidate Academy and Gov. Pete Ricketts’ discussion with President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team.
- Two people were critically injured Sunday afternoon in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of 78th Street and Sorensen Parkway in northwest Omaha.
- The FBI office in Omaha said that another Iowa man was arrested in connection with the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
- The Greater Omaha Chamber is re-directing its annual Candidate Academy to focus on racial and ethnic minorities to run for office.
- As inauguration day nears, Gov. Pete Ricketts says he talked with President-Elect Joe Biden’s transition team.
- A North Platte man died early Monday in a one-vehicle crash in south-central Nebraska.
Reed Moore’s Things To Do
The Legends of Lauritzen Gardens
Take a mini-vacation to Lauritzen Gardens. The Fantastical Folklore exhibit begins Jan. 29. The enchanting exhibit, set in the garden’s plant kingdom, brings to life the legends and lore from around the globe and celebrates the links between the natural and mythical worlds. From dragons to mermaids and fairies to trolls, you’ll meet a menagerie of extraordinary creatures and discover the incredible tales behind them all. For more information, the calendar of winter events and social distancing guidelines, visit the website.