Since 2016, Vargas has represented District 7 which encompasses downtown South Omaha. He is campaigning for re-election for the minority-majority district against Jorge Sotolongo, a political novice. For the full interview, listen to Mind and Soul in the Morning 101.3 FM here.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- Omahans working for racial justice and reconciliation will hold a ceremony Friday in remembrance of lynching victim George Smith outside the Douglas County Courthouse.
- Boys Town announced that several kids in the residential treatment facility have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Douglas County’s health director says Omaha is going down the wrong path with the approaching winter and the number of COVID-19 patients in metro area hospitals.
Around the State
- The Community Correction Center-Lincoln is under quarantine after four inmates tested positive for COVID-19.
- Lincoln Public Schools will not automatically transition to remote learning if the local coronavirus risk dial reaches the red category.
- Nebraska regained its status last month as the state with the nation’s lowest unemployment rate.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1