View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Today we have stories about thousands applying for rental assistance, an Omaha police officer facing termination and Nebraska’s failure to opt into federal unemployment benefits.
Your Top Local Stories
- The University of Nebraska at Omaha announced Wednesday that it was temporarily halting workouts for four university athletics programs due to student-athletes who have contracted COVID-19.
- The Douglas County Election Commission is sending out draft letters for help on Election Day.
- An Omaha police officer has been recommended for termination after he improperly used a pepper ball gun during protests in late spring.
- The Douglas County General Assistance Department is receiving thousands of applications for rental assistance.
Around the State
- The Nebraska Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday on whether or not proposals to legalize casino gambling should be on the ballot this November.
- A Lancaster County District Court judge issued a discovery ruling in a lawsuit involving eight football players from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Nebraska is one of two states that have not yet opted to give unemployed workers an extra $300 a week in federal unemployment aid.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Quick Bites Soul Food
105 W Mission Ave
The “quick” only references how long it takes to serve you, and how soon you’ll want to come back. You’ll find yourself lingering long after, enjoying the sounds and smells of Quick Bites.
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1
Omaha, NE 68107