How well do you know the history of your city? Today’s news is inextricably linked to our past.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Today we have stories about controlled power outages caused by the extreme cold, Omaha officials calling for school employees to receive their COVID-19 vaccine, and the Biden administration looking to block Medicaid work requirements in Nebraska.
- OPPD is ordered to start controlled power outages as extreme cold continues.
- Omaha-area school and city officials are joining the teachers union call for school employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Omaha firefighters extinguish a blaze in an apartment building south of downtown after someone tried to thaw frozen pipes.
- The Biden administration is looking to block Medicaid work requirements in Nebraska.
- Safety measures introduced to slow the spread of COVID-19 have led to greatly reduced influenza cases in Nebraska.
Reed Moore’s Things To Do
Fat Tuesday With the Tequila Brothers
1529 S. 203rd St. Suite 1
The WestEnd is a self-proclaimed, business-casual lounge for gourmet appetizers, craft cocktails and a wide variety of bottled beer. It will be celebrating Mardi Gras in observation of social distancing, featuring a lot of style and class. Two sister bands – the Tequila Brothers and Lemon Fresh Day – will be taking center stage.
Reed Moore’s Daily Comic