A temporary closure, a new beginning and a drive-through-only classic.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Happy National Meteor Watch Day!
Join today’s news and wish upon a shooting star: An investigation is underway at Elkhorn South High School, the Benson post office might be named to honor a local African American WWII hero, and a girl from Omaha will compete in this year’s Braille Challenge Finals.
~ Harper’s Index Fact of The Day ~
- Percentage of single Americans who say they are masturbating more than once a day: 30
- Who say they are masturbating more than ever before: 48
Source: SWNS Media Group (NYC)
- The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office says an investigation is underway at Elkhorn South High School. All summer band activities are suspended, and all band teachers are on administrative leave.
- After beating out 1,000 other students from across America and Canada, a girl from Omaha becomes one of 50 competitors in this year’s Braille Challenge Finals.
- The Benson post office may be named in honor of an African American WWII hero from Omaha.
- Learn about the Metro Young Latino Professionals Association.
- Construction kicks off on 23 units of affordable housing in North Omaha.
- Omaha Public Schools is asking parents what to do with $280 million in federal COVID-19 relief aid.
- Omaha’s proposed streetcar project won’t get $8 million in federal funding.
- Papillion’s Shadow Lake Towne Center is holding a job fair today, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at 7809 Towne Center Parkway, Suite 115.
- The summer months may bring wildfires to northeast Nebraska.
- Ralston Public Schools will propose a $93,762,149 bond initiative.
- In a matter of days, student-athletes across the country — including in Nebraska — will be paid for their brands.
In Your Local Government
The Douglas County Board celebrates the end of Dr. Adi Pour’s tenure as health director, the Omaha City Council debates liquor licenses, and the resolution to establish new Omaha City Park rules is once again delayed.
Reed Moore’s Things To Do
- El Alamo 4917 S. 24th St. – Mexican
- El Jalapeño 2809 Q St. – Mexican
- La Choza 5133 S. 25th St. – Salvadorian
- El Dorado 5134 S. 24th St. – Mexican
- Isla Del Mar 5101 S. 36th St. – Mexican
- Howard’s Charro Café 4443 S. 13th St. – Mexican
- Laos Thai 4520 S. 24th St. – Thai
- El Ranchito 4318 S. 24th St. – Mexican
- Birriería el Chalán 4516 S. 24th St. – Mexican
- Chiltepes 4833 S. 24th St. – Latin American
The Daily Funny (Click drawing to see more.)