Daily updates about the progress of COVID-19 vaccination in Nebraska.
Top Local Stories
Today we have stories about an increase in Douglas County’s COVID-19 positivity rate, Gov. Ricketts’ move from “yellow” to “blue” in the COVID-19 response plan and Sen. Sasse’s refusal to join Republicans challenging the election results.
- The Douglas County Health Department said the coronavirus positivity rate in the county for the week that ended Saturday was 33.8 percent.
- The Public Works Department announced that solid waste collections will be delayed by one day this week due to inclement weather.
- Blog posts written by Colleen Brennan, the woman chosen to replace outgoing City Councilman Rich Pahls, have ignited a tense conversation on race.
Around the State
- Gov. Pete Ricketts announced on Wednesday that the state is moving from the “yellow” phase to the “blue” phase of its coronavirus response plan.
- Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse will not be joining the effort to overturn the election.
What To Do During Quarantine?
The 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Films of 2020
Looking back on the year in film feels like reading a ransom note written by an illiterate kidnapper: Release dates were sloppily cut and pasted, and nobody understands the demands of how millions of dollars should be handed over. Normally, I wait to publish this list until February, after all the limited-run award hopefuls are finally released. Well, F that this year. F stands for “forget,” what did you think?