As of yesterday, nearly every county in the state is no longer required to follow state-issued directed health measures.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
- A former Omaha TV meteorologist who threatened to “lynch” and slit the throat of Douglas County Health Director Adi Pour has taken a plea deal.
- A write-in campaign has been launched in hopes of electing state Sen. Ernie Chambers for Douglas County Commissioner District 3.
- The Omaha Police Department quashed rumors circulating about “planned civil unrest” relating to an anticipated grand jury decision in the death of James Scurlock.
Around the State
- 185 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19, with 174 active cases at the Nebraska State Penitentiary and Diagnostic and Evaluation Center in Lincoln.
- Sen. Ben Sasse proposed a repeal of the constitutional amendment that provides for direct election of U.S. senators.
- State officials are looking to clear up confusion over mail-in ballot requests sent out by a third-party organization.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Crum Cakes Bakery
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1