Minorities and Women Continue Bearing Brunt of Unemployment
As the economy continues its slow recovery, not all Nebraskans are returning to work at the same rate.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Today we have stories about the Omaha City Council unanimously extending the mask mandate, an Omaha nonprofit receiving $3.5 million to fight homelessness, and a bill to disclose the cost of prison terms.
- The Omaha City Council unanimously votes to extend the mask mandate until May 25.
- An Omaha nonprofit, MACCH, is given $3.5 million from the city to fight homelessness.
- The Safe2Help hotline in Douglas County allows students, parents, teachers and members of the public to anonymously report concerns about students who are talking about harming themselves or others.
- The cost of an inmate’s prison term would be made public under legislation up for a public hearing in the Legislature.
- A new podcast, Nebraska Made, is telling the story of hardworking, entrepreneurial Nebraskans
Reed Moore’s Things To Do
Mardi Gras at Bushwackers Saloon
7401 Main St., Ralston
For only a $5 cover charge, you can enjoy a night of drinks, beads and live music at Bushwackers. This legendary saloon in Ralston will be hosting Mardi Gras amidst the chaotic pandemic.
Reed Moore’s Daily Comic