View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Your Top Local Stories
- The University of Nebraska at Omaha announced Wednesday that it was temporarily halting workouts for four university athletics programs due to student-athletes who have contracted COVID-19.
- The Douglas County Election Commission is sending out draft letters for help on Election Day.
- An Omaha police officer has been recommended for termination after he improperly used a pepper ball gun during protests in late spring.
- The Douglas County General Assistance Department is receiving thousands of applications for rental assistance.
Around the State
- The Nebraska Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday on whether or not proposals to legalize casino gambling should be on the ballot this November.
- A Lancaster County District Court judge issued a discovery ruling in a lawsuit involving eight football players from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Nebraska is one of two states that have not yet opted to give unemployed workers an extra $300 a week in federal unemployment aid.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Quick Bites Soul Food
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1