Help Us Reinvent Media!
We have freelance, part-time and full-time positions available depending on the timing and the candidate. As a growing and nimble company, we’re always looking for the right people to work with to stay on the edge of media’s transformation with an equity-first focus.
Please email a cover letter, 3-5 work samples and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bilingual and cultural proficiency skills always a big plus. Attitude and work ethic define success here. Current positions of focus include:
March 2023 POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Apply now for Summer 2023 Internships at The Reader & El Perico
Internship Start Dates:
Summer May 1 – Aug 31, Application Deadline April 14, 2023
Fall Sept 1 – Dec. 31
Spring Jan 1 – April 30
The Reader is always accepting applications for our spring, summer and fall internships in editorial, business management and more. Interns are treated like, and expected to be, full members of the team. That could mean covering breaking news, writing an in-depth cover story, producing a podcast, managing advertising and doing the million other things that help The Reader serve our community. If internships aren’t available and you’d still like to contribute, we’re always looking for new freelancers too.
If you think you’d make a good addition to the team, or have questions about how you can get involved with The Reader, email us at email@example.com. Please be sure and send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples, preferably with a story that shows how you incorporate an interview.
The Reader, El Perico Editorial Interns
Great for journalism or other writing majors and interested community members
- Minimum request of 10 – 15 hours per week
- Assist with news, culture reporting and social media. Our coverage includes stories about news, art, food and music with enough freedom to follow many of your own ideas
- Create multimedia reporting projects, contribute to online content and social media management
- Work with community contributors, empower community storytelling and engagement
- Learn about print production including pre-press, layout and design and proofing
- Tracking and listing local events
- Assisting with our daily Reed Moore newsletter
- Additional duties as assigned
- Monthly stipend
Pioneer Media Marketing or Sales Internship
Great for marketing or sales majors
- Minimum request of 10 – 15 hours per week.
- Help local businesses understand their customers with advanced research and data techniques
- Work with an official Grow with Google City Partner
- Implement educational and consultative approaches that help businesses drive the best results based on their needs, not the products we can sell. Build trust by bringing value.
- Collaborate on creative content for marketing, SEO and advertising campaigns
- Assist businesses with the fundamentals of Identity SEO and foundational marketing, including a number of complimentary services
- Help build, track and optimize integrated campaigns across multiple online and offline channels
- Monthly stipend
Full Time Business Development | Manager
Work directly with the publisher on educating, servicing and growing a clientele ranging from Fortune 1000 companies to mom-and-pop small businesses. We stringently take a client-first consultative approach centered in business results, digital strategy and organic growth (particularly content marketing, search engine optimization and conversion optimization) that delivers the best long-term ROMI for our customers and establishes deep, long-lasting relationships. As we shifted from relying entirely on advertising starting in 2008, we’ve stood up a significant “boutique” agency — PioneerMedia — that is team-focused, offering full-scope services or niche deliverables as an independent agency, trusted partner or white-label provider. We deliver the highest value not only in our client’s business results, but in our ability to educate and empower them to make holistic marketing decisions.
Very little outbound activity, most inbound or referral. It is our goal to bring this skill set to other alternative and ethnic media and we are fostering many local and national relationships along these lines.
Compensation: $35,000-$60,000 annual base based on experience and ability with significant commission opportunities. Health insurance compensation and 401k included. Profit-sharing and employee ownership coming.