01/06/21 • Nebraska vaccine data • Nationwide case trends
What Is the Future of the Nebraska Democratic Party?
Statewide, the Nebraska Democratic Party is grappling with questions about its future, even as it’s slowly gaining ground in fielding more candidates and closing lopsided results in most races. Faced with bridging moderates and progressives, it’s struggled to solidify political approaches on such issues as racial justice while keeping people interested in a party that has lost voting power in every Nebraska county since the turn of the millennium.
Reed Moore’s Daily Rundown
Today we have stories about Papillion City Council’s failure to pass a mask mandate, Omaha mayoral candidate RJ Neary raising $300K and Gov. Pete Ricketts’ plan to exclude undocumented workers from vaccinations.
- Starting on Jan. 11, Omaha Police will be looking for unlicensed, unregistered vehicles, and dead storage vehicles.
- The Papillion City Council has voted against an ordinance that would make it easier for a mask mandate to be reinstated.
- Omaha mayoral candidate RJ Neary told local media Tuesday that he had raised $300,000 by the end of 2020.
- On Tuesday, state Sen. Deb Fischer released a statement on the certifying of the electoral college votes in the 2020 Presidential Election.
- Proof of American citizenship is not required for Nebraskans to receive COVID vaccinations, a spokesman for Gov. Pete Ricketts said.
What To Do During Quarantine?
Boost Crew Target
Keep Local Alive – Omaha has announced this week’s Boost Crew location, and you’re going to love it. In fact, Omahans have been loving it since 1980. Don Carmelo’s was responsible for introducing Omaha to the concept of New York Style pizza, and has enjoyed thriving locally for 40 years. This year, however, has been as hard as the previous 39 had been prosperous. Not only has the establishment suffered under the weight of the pandemic, but it has had to struggle after the May 24 loss of owner, co-founder and father Tony Magistro to esophageal cancer.
The family could use your support, and KLA has suggestions for how to help.