More than half of the homes in Omaha are occupied by their owners, U.S. Census Bureau says. When the time comes to get some help to maintain those households, Omaha has homeowners covered. From plumbers to housecleaning and everything in between, variety rules In Omaha.
By the numbers
The number of Omaha businesses in the category of Living & Home Services is 932, according to data courtesy of SalesGenie,
The Nebraska Department of Labor estimates a 6.5% statewide increase in home services jobs from 2010 to 2020.
Where are the home service companies?
Douglas County boasts the highest number of home services companies in the metro area with 573, per the SalesGenie data. Sarpy County ranks second with 179 companies.
Essentially, any help that’s needed within or around a home can be found easily throughout the Omaha metro. When something around the house breaks, gets dirty or needs repair or updating, those who avoid DIY can get help all over town.
Want to learn more about the home services industry in Omaha? Check out these helpful resources:
- The Nebraska Department of Labor
- Omaha and Southwest Iowa Building and Construction Trades Council
- 2022 Living and Home Services Category Winners
- 2021 Living and Home Services Category Winners
- 2020 Living and Home Services Category Winners
- 2019 Living and Home Services Category Winners
Readers’ Choice Recognition Levels
Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O Winners fall into four levels of recognition, but can only fall into one per category. Every nomination is a “Best Of” vote, and often very small percentages separate the levels of recognition. Because there are so many businesses in each category, a small percentage of the total nominations can lift your business into one of these recognition levels. Your business is truly among the best of an often very crowded field or industry.
1) Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O: Any winner with more than 50% of the votes cast in that category or the top vote-getter. Only one winner unless it’s a tie.
2) Readers’ Choice: Any vote-getter with at least 20% of the votes cast in that category or up to the next top two vote-getters after Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O with at least 10% of the votes cast in that category.
3) Readers’ Recommended: Any vote-getter with at least 10% of the votes cast in that category or up to the next top three vote-getters after Readers’ Choice with at least 5% of the votes cast in that category.
4) Readers’ Refer: Any vote-getter with at least 5% of the votes cast in that category or the top vote-getters to round out six winners in a category.