11/24/20 • Day 72 of Phase IV • Nationwide case trends
Support us by becoming a member and following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
From the time Omaha police officers stopped the car, to the moment Kenneth Jones hit the ground with four bullet wounds, one minute and seven seconds had passed. On Monday afternoon, Chief of Police Todd Schmaderer presented Omaha Police Department’s findings of the Thursday, Nov. 19 evening traffic stop, including stills of officer body-worn camera footage and recounting of eyewitness testimony.
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- The Douglas County Health Department reported slightly improved new COVID-19 numbers on Monday.
- The Sarpy County Attorney’s office filed new charges for Roberto Silva, Jr., the suspect in the Bellevue Sonic shootings that took place on Saturday night.
- Millard Public Schools announced that it would be giving teachers and salaried staff a $1,008 dollar compensation for their hard work during the pandemic.
- Director of the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services Scott R. Frakes announced Monday night that an inmate died at a hospital in Lincoln.
- A Lincoln man has been arrested after police say he threatened a Black woman with a chainsaw.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Socially Distanced Thanksgiving
With rising cases and overloaded hospitals, now’s not the best time to gather with family and celebrate the holidays around a dinner table. Luckily there are plenty of resources to let you celebrate Thanksgiving in the time of COVID-19. If you have family that lives nearby, consider divvying up who makes the sides. Then have each person drop their contribution off on family’s front porches around town. Enjoy everything together on Zoom.
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1