Become A Member
12/15/20 • Day 93 of Phase IV • Nationwide case trends
Support us by becoming a member and following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
We appreciate you!
As we get ready for 2021, we’d like to hear from you on how we can improve. Take our survey and be entered to win gift certificates, memberships to The Reader and $100 cash!
The health threat posed by COVID-19 has crippled industries and cost people livelihoods. Its impact can even be felt in our once-immutable send-offs for the dead. When an impacted family loses a loved one, the pricey trappings of embalming, a casket, a procession and a headstone are prohibitive compared to cremation, which is replacing traditional services and interment. The harsh reality of pandemic-restricted gatherings has cut attendance by about half from pre-COVID 19 services at Jon Reichmuth’s Funeral Homes in Elkhorn, Yutan and Bennington.
Top Local Stories
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Check out the survey on our website.
- CHI Health vaccinated the first five front-line health care workers within its 14-hospital system Monday afternoon.
- Stephen Prior of Omaha was sentenced today to 165-220 years in prison for his involvement in a string of sexual assaults and other charges.
- An Omaha woman says she received the wrong coronavirus test results for her daughter; now she’s warning others to pay attention.
- Precious McKesson was greeted with cheers as she became the first African American in Nebraska to cast an electoral ballot.
- In the last three weeks, COVID-19 cases are down 37% and hospitalizations are down 30% in Nebraska.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do:
If you’re thinking about a gift that says, “I like you,” “I love you” and “I care about local businesses,” look no further. We’ve got a little something to delight family and friends and keep your carbon footprint manageable to boot.
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1