Whether Omaha locals want to get around town in a limousine, rented bike or something in between, there are plenty of available options.
By the numbers
According to data courtesy of SalesGenie, 70 companies offered consumer transportation services in Omaha as of February 2018. The companies are pretty evenly spread out in the metro area, although that pertains to office location, not service radius.
The Omaha area can expect transportation jobs to increase through 2020, according to the Nebraska Department of Labor. The projected growth in Omaha is slightly greater than for the rest of the state.
Where are all the transportation places?
According to the SalesGenie data, the greatest concentration of transportation services are – not surprisingly – located near Eppley Airfield. But such services are offered throughout most of the Omaha metro.
Transportation services get people where they want to go. Although motorized vehicles comprise the largest portion of such modes of transportation, other forms are available in the city and surrounding area.
Traffic in Omaha can be tricky at times, so sometimes it’s nice to let someone else handle the task of getting you where you need to go.
Want to learn more about the transportation industry in Omaha? Check out these helpful resources:
- 2022 Getting Around Category Winners
- 2021 Getting Around Category Winners
- 2020 Getting Around Category Winners
- 2019 Getting Around Category Winners
Readers’ Choice Recognition Levels
Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O Winners fall into four levels of recognition, but can only fall into one per category. Every nomination is a “Best Of” vote, and often very small percentages separate the levels of recognition. Because there are so many businesses in each category, a small percentage of the total nominations can lift your business into one of these recognition levels. Your business is truly among the best of an often very crowded field or industry.
1) Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O: Any winner with more than 50% of the votes cast in that category or the top vote-getter. Only one winner unless it’s a tie.
2) Readers’ Choice: Any vote-getter with at least 20% of the votes cast in that category or up to the next top two vote-getters after Readers’ Choice Best of the Big O with at least 10% of the votes cast in that category.
3) Readers’ Recommended: Any vote-getter with at least 10% of the votes cast in that category or up to the next top three vote-getters after Readers’ Choice with at least 5% of the votes cast in that category.
4) Readers’ Refer: Any vote-getter with at least 5% of the votes cast in that category or the top vote-getters to round out six winners in a category.