11/17/20 • Day 65 of Phase IV • Nationwide case trends
Support us by becoming a member and following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
Most know Omaha-born comedian Amber Ruffin from her work as a writer on “Late Night With Seth Meyers,” which she has been doing since 2014. The hilarious “Amber Says What?” segments were a great take on the nation’s headlines and wild news items, things that make you say, ‘What?’ Ruffin’s comedy is full of unapologetic dragging of racist systems and callouts of racist behavior. That continues in her new book, co-written with her sister, “You’ll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories About Racism.”
View our guide to local resources at TheReader.com
Top Local Stories
Check out the survey on our website.
- The Omaha Public Schools board voted to expand a program that will help test students and staff for COVID-19.
- Ralston’s city administrator Rick Hoppe says many council members are on board with a mask mandate.
- Omaha’s riverfront science center was named the Kiewit Luminarium on Monday.
- Gov. Pete Rickett is keeping Nebraska at the “orange” level of social distancing restrictions, but health experts say the state should be moving to red immediately to curtail the recent surge in COVID-19 cases.
- A Nebraska teachers union is sounding the alarm and warning that schools will have to shut down if COVID cases keep rising.
What to do during quarantine?
From our list of things to do during quarantine:
Plan a Golf Outing
If you’re inclined to spend some time on the links then you’ve probably been taking advantage of the wide open courses this summer. If not, or if you want to try giving it a swing (sorry for the pun), Nebraska has plenty of golf courses to try while you take in the crisp fall air and beautiful foliage.
Check out more coverage online at TheReader.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St #1